Togo is one of the African countries popular for its mouth-watering dishes with French and German influence.
One of the dishes you can never miss out in Togo is Gboma Dessi.
The dish is prepared with beef, spinach, and Gboteni spice. The delicacy is perfectly spiced to satisfy your taste buds.
- seasoning cubes
- minced garlic
- minced ginger
- blended tomatoes
- Gboteni spice (anise, ground ginger, roasted cardamom seeds, ajwain, and cloves)
- palm oil
- To prepare Gboma Dessi, you first start by cooking your beef. In a cooking pot, add water, salt, pepper to your beef and allow to cook until tender enough.
- Set the broth aside and sauté your onion, ginger, and garlic in a different pot for about three minutes
- Add your cooked beef and tomato purée. Simmer for a few minutes
- Add your stock, Gboteni spice, and seasoning cube, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add your washed and chopped spinach
- Finish it up with coriander and serve with either rice or Ugali
Related post: How to Prepare Beans Torborgee